I cover European news and culture for The Local and other international publications, with a focus on constructive, audience-centric journalism.
As well as daily news reporting and analysis, this has included interviewing government ministers, ambassadors, actors and authors, and dozens of members of Europe's inspiring international community. My favourite things to write about are travel, language and how we use it (for example in The Local's popular Swedish Word of the Day series), and the issues facing people who have made their lives outside their home countries, from work permit regulations to long distance relationships.
- What you need to know about the proposals to change Swedish migration law
- ‘A lost cause’: How the pandemic has disrupted Christmas for Sweden’s foreign residents
- How a group of foreign-born women works to make Sweden’s suburbs safer
- Sweden's Ambassador to Germany: ‘The image of Sweden in Germany is quite old-fashioned’'
- ‘I’ve felt the responsibility of society on my shoulders for a year’
- ‘In Sweden I discovered a new country and rediscovered my own’
- 'Tourism is killing Venice, but it's also the only key to survival'